I was following the event on my twitter timeline and there were some very interesting tweets and quotes shared by the attendees.
- 50% of Twitter’s 555m registered accounts follow less than 2 people. Make sure you target the right ones!
“You are what you tweet, what you retweet, and who you follow” via @adambrain
- Twitter is mobile-first. In the UK, 80% of users access the platform via mobile
- “5,000 people an hour tweet the word ‘bored’ so small games work well on Twitter”
- “Direct messages are like people playing footsie under the table”
Twitter’s like a mirror.. If you say your Twitter feed’s boring, so are you!’
- Trending topics are calculated based on velocity of tweets for a term, not just pure volume. Really is all about ‘now’.
- Twitter drives more traffic to YouTube than YouTube does.
Being on Twitter is as natural as breathing to me… It’s amazing.
Then there was some usual fun going on in the event as well.. with the tweet about turning the twitter logo upside down going viral